Owner of Pembrey Airport receives MBE
Captain Winston Thomas, owner of Pembrey Airport, a member of the Regional and Business Airports Group, has been appointed MBE for Services to the Aviation Industry in Wales. Captain Thomas was invited to Buckingham Palace in October 2017 to receive the MBE from Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge.
In 1957 Pembrey Airport was an abandoned, disused military airport. Captain Thomas has been responsible for the redevelopment of the site into a modern commercial airport, which has created inward investment, tourism and jobs for West Wales and the County of Carmarthenshire. Pembrey Airport has also been providing aircraft refuelling and training to Ministry of Defence, 24/7 for last twenty years .
Pembrey Airport are currently looking for Investors/Shareholders to become involved in the development of Phase 2 of the airport. Interested parties should contact Captain Thomas on firstname.lastname@example.org
Pembrey Airport Snapshot:
- Ex RAF airfield and now a licenced commercial airport since 1998.
- The Airport has obtained a commitment from Carmarthenshire County Council to award the freehold of the land to a potential Investor.
- 4000 acres of surrounding development land owned by the Forestry Commission, who have stated that portions of this land is available to investors.
- An original runway of length similar to Gatwick Airport which could be fully reinstated.
- On the main railway line to London Paddington.
- Ideally situated for MRO Maintenance Repair and Overhaul for large aircraft and potential for training relationships with local Colleges.
- Business plan explored Air Freight hub, which could create 400 jobs.
- One of only three airports in the United Kingdom to provide 'Rotas Running' refuelling 24/7.
- The local Micro Climate almost eliminates snow problems during the winter.
- Refuelling and logistics 24/7 for:- Police, Air Ambulance, Ministry of Defence, including the French, German, and the United States Air Force's. Western Power, Forestry Commission, for the last 17 years. The airport is also an approved contractor to the Ministry of Defence. Has provided facilities for the training of Police officers over the last 17 years, and aircraft refuelling and logistics in conjunction with the MOD Pembrey Sands Range, 24/7, for the training of 9,400 military pilots and personnel.
- Local air charter company, South Western Airlines, offers passenger and freight services from Pembrey Airport.
- 7 Miles of beach on the doorstep.